Rudy De Waele and Tech.eu invite you to come and listen to some startup pitches, inspiring talks and insightful panel discussions, taste some local Estrella Damm beers and enjoy some of the best networking during #MWC16 and #4YFN.
What to expect this year at Mobile Sunday?
A glimpse at the future of mobile and a look at current trends and opportunities from some of the world’s leading entrepreneurs, startups, investors and corporations. Mobile Sunday is where the stories that matter are told before the Mobile World Congress madness kicks off. Combined with quality networking in a unique setting in one of the world’s most beautiful cities, it’s not an event you’re going to want to miss!
Currently confirmed speakers include:
- Werner Vogels, CTO at Amazon
- Brenda O’Connell, Director of Business Development EMEA at Twitter
- Ben Evans, Partner at Andreessen Horowitz
- Renaud Visage, CTO and co-founder of Eventbrite
- Arthur van Hoff, co-founder and CTO of Jaunt, former Flipboard CTO
- Tzahi (Zack) Weisfeld, General Manager Microsoft Ventures Global Accelerators
- Romain Huet, head of developer relations at Stripe (ex-Twitter, Jolicloud)
- Tine Thygesen, Entrepreneurial CEO (Everplaces, Founders House, Triptale)
- Maoiliosa O’Culachain, Business Development Director, Europe at NASDAQ
- Andreas Bovens, developer relations lead at Opera Software
- Stephanie Hospital, founder of One Ragtime, former exec at Orange
- Siraj Khaliq, investment partner at Atomico
- Maria Alegre, CEO of Chartboost
- Rodrigo Martinez, early-stage tech investor at Point Nine Capital
- Melissa Blaustein, founder at Allied 4 Startups
- Kelley Hilborn, ‘startuo guy’ at IBM / SoftLayer
- Gloria Molins, Founder/CEO at Trip4real
- Jonas Drüppel, Founder/CEO at Dubsmash
- Damir Sabol, Founder/CEO at Photomath
- Alice Zagury, CEO of The Family
- Jan Erik Solem, Founder/CEO at Mapillary
- Inma Martinez, founder and CPO of Preadly
Mark you calendar for Sunday 21 February. Early Bird tickets already sold out! Get your Standard or Late tickets here.
Connect with C-level industry leaders, influencers, creators, developers, investors, press & media and entrepreneurs working in technology, mobile, wearables and the Internet of Things in a relaxed social networking environment before the hectic week begins.
Monday, February 22, 2016
On Monday, February 22, 2016 at the amazing Antiga Fàbrica Estrella Damm, 12 IoT startups will be pitching at IoT Stars, THE Internet of Things startup pitching event during the Mobile World Congress 2016 in Barcelona.
The big global players in IoT are all participating: Jonathan Ballon, VP | GM IoT at Intel and Scott Jenson, Product Strategist at Google are both doing a Keynote and judging the startups. The jury includes as well IoT luminaries Rob Tiffany, Global Technology Lead: Internet of Things at Microsoft, Erik Kruse, Strategic Marketing Manager and Networked Society Evangelist at Ericsson, Redg Snodgrass, CEO at ReadWrite and Wearable World, Robin Wauters, Co-founder and editor-in-chief of Tech.eu, Evan Cohen, Senior Director – Design, Technology and Hardware at Indiegogo and last but not least, Inma Martinez, Technologist, Behavioural Learning Scientist, Qualitative Researcher.
The selected startups to pitch at IoT Stars 2016 are:
- DataLong16 – Barcelona – www.datalong16.com
- Bwareit – Tel Aviv – www.bwareit.com
- Slock.it – Berlin – slock.it
- Vayyar Imaging – Tel Aviv – www.vayyar.com
- Springworks – Stockholm – www.springworks.se
- Uavia – Paris – www.uavia.eu
- Youmo Power – Munich – www.youmo-power.com
- Minut – Malmö – www.minut.com
- Visybl – Germantown – www.visybl.com
- Insulclock – Madrid – www.insulclock.com
- Omate – Mountain View – www.omate.com
- Mine Health – Antwerp – www.minzehealth.com
Check the final program here.
Early Bird tickets are sold out. Get your Standard or Late tickets here. Don’t wait last minute to book as the event sold out last year!
Get in touch if you’re interested to participate or sponsor. It’s a unique opportunity to meet and network with C-level industry leaders, entrepreneurs, designers, developers, investors, press & media working in the Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem.
Socratic Design Workshop #mwc16
Cadaqués, February 26-27, 2016
shift 2020 and Schwab Filosofia are organising a Socratic Design Workshop after the Mobile World Congress in Cadaqués, the pearl of the Costa Brava. The two-day workshop includes an overview of future transformative trends by our special guest and participant Gerd Leonhard.
This program is ideal for Executives and Startup Entrepreneurs.
Most of us have been programmed to function in an industrial society, but we are now steaming into a new digital world. A new era with new rules, new rituals, concepts, paradigms, business models and strategies. How? In order to be a key driver in this new economy, we need to explore new frameworks to start designing that new world we want to live in.
One of these methods is the Socratic Design Method, a method – created by Humberto Schwab – to free people and organisations from the burden of unproductive or even destructive procedures, unclear language, old thoughts, silo thinking and wrong assumptions. If we want to create strong new values, we must be in a state of virginal thinking, not as a stand alone, but as a hyper creative collective.
Socratic Design creates new horizons of values in which the process of design can take place, allowing a lot more space to create, make and design new products or services.
Come and join us for this unique opportunity to learn to use the Socratic Design Method, get insights about the world we’re moving into rapidly, and learn how to transform and adapt your business to prepare for the perpetual technological changes ahead. In good company, in a unique atmosphere.
Check out full program and details here.
Price: 499,- Euro excl. VAT. for the two-day workshop (lunch included)
BOOK your participation on Eventbrite, limited seats!
See you in Barcelona or Cadaqués!